St. Gregory Armenian Apostolic Church
51 Commonwealth Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94118
Telephone: (415) 751-9140
Fax: (415) 751-9707
The Armenian community of San Francisco dates back to 1900. In 1926, Rev. Fr. Khatchig Krouzian was the first pastor of the San Francisco parish. Mass was performed once a month at a rented hall. The parish became fully organized in 1953. The current property was purchased in 1955, and the first Mass was celebrated there on November 24, 1957. A new Church was built in the classic Armenian architecture, and the blessing and consecration took place in 1966.